Smarty PANCE and PANRE Board Review
Instant access to interactive practice exams, 5-hour "Virtual PANCE and PANRE" to simulate the real thing, 1000's of Quizlet study flashcard sets, five 250 question PANCE/PANRE simulation exams, 13 topic-specific practice exams, 14 NCCPA Content Blueprint courses, ReelDx patient video cases, Picmonic integrated lessons, the Audio PANCE and PANRE members-only podcast + and a ton of FREE Extras!
* Over 4,000 review questions with real-time interactive Q&A designed to help you learn as you go. Because studying for your PANCE and PANRE shouldn't be expensive and doesn't have to be hard.
14 NCCPA™ Content Blueprint Courses
- Cardiology 13% - 51 disorders
- Pulmonary 10% - 31 disorders
- GI and Nutrition 9% -38 disorders
- Musculoskeletal 8% - 36 disorders
- ENT 7% - 61 disorders
- Reproductive 7% - 46 disorders
- Neurology 7% - 34 disorders
- Endocrinology 7% - 17 disorders
- Infectious Disease 6% - 41 disorders
- Psychiatry/Behavioral Science 6% - 18 disorders
- Genitourinary 5% - 25 disorders
- Renal 5% - 14 disorders
- Dermatology 5% - 55 disorders
- Hematology 5% - 15 disorders
12 Topic Specific Practice Exams
16 Comprehensive Practice Exams
- 225 question exam 1
- 225 question exam 2
- 225 question exam 3
- 225 question exam 4
- 225 question exam 5
- Virtual PANCE
- Virtual PANRE
- 60 question Academy exam 1
- 60 question Academy exam 2
- 60 question Academy exam 3
- 60 question Academy exam 4
- The Daily PANCE and PANRE Exam 1
- The Daily PANCE and PANRE Exam 2
- The Daily PANCE and PANRE Exam 3
- The Daily PANCE and PANRE Exam 4
- The Daily PANCE and PANRE Final Exam
End of Rotation Exams and Courses
60 day 100% Money Back + You Pass Guarantee!
Seriously, I am so confident you will pass by using these exams, that if you don't pass, I will refund your money in full. No questions asked.
Here's What People Have to Say
“I have used multiple sources, (the Chicago course, PAEZ, Lange Q &A, Classroom to Clinic, Davis’s PA Exam Review and Physician Assistant Review 4th edition (by Auth & Kerstein) in preparing myself. They have all been useful, of course, but I have enjoyed your format the most." - Michael Rewis, PA-C
"I must say of all the exam prep programs I have used, HIPPO, ROSH, I forget the name of the one my program bought, SmartyPance was my favorite, especially the EOR test. I plan to pass with ease on Monday and hope to use Smarty Pance again 10 years from now." - Kevin Barenberger, PA-S
"I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying your site very much and believe it is helping more than any other PANCE review I’ve used thus far (I have done HippoPA, not bad, and Brian Wallace’s site)." - Rebecca Lynch, PA-C
"SMARTY PANCE is THE best review/practice site I have ever found. The tests are awesome, the explanations spot on." - Karol Bauman, PA-C
Important Links: The Physician Assistant Certification and Recertification Exam
Download the Examination Content Blueprint (ECB) from the NCCPA
The ECB lists the diseases that you should focus on and describes which information you should study for each disease. Follow the link below: Break down the ECB into parts that are easy to handle, depending on the time you have before the exam. (You should know your study habit by now).
- The content blueprint for PANCE/PANRE 2018 is here
- The content blueprint for PANCE in 2019 and beyond is here
- The content blueprint for PANRE and the Pilot Alternative for PANRE in 2019 and beyond is here
NCCAP PANRE test Preparation Video: Click Here
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANRE on the NCCPA website
- Cost: You must submit an online application and $350 payment to register for PANRE
PANCE (Initial Certification)
NCCPA PANCE test Preparation Video: Click Here
- Here is the complete guide to taking the PANCE on the NCCPA website
- You must submit an application and $500 payment in advance to take PANCE (Ouch!)
NCCPA Tutorials: Links to a Sample of the Actual Exam
Physician assistants are encouraged to take the sample online tutorials provided below prior to their exam day to become familiar with the computer functions. The tutorial provides an opportunity to practice:
- Navigating through the examination
- Answering questions
- Changing answers
- Marking questions for review
- Accessing the table of laboratory values
To access the tutorials through the Pearson Vue website click here
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Applied for your examination with the NCCPA;
- Paid an examination application fee to the NCCPA; and
- Received an exam acknowledgment from the NCCPA.
First-time test takers must create a Pearson VUE web account. When creating your account and scheduling your exam, you will need your NCCPA ID number from the NCCPA exam acknowledgment sent to you upon completion of the application process.
Appointments may be made up to one business day in advance. If you provide Pearson VUE with any new contact information during the exam application process, this will not update the NCCPA’s records. Update your contact information with the NCCPA by signing in to your personal certification record. Schedule Online
Exams are administered in multiple blocks of test questions. You may answer the questions within a block in any order, and you may review and change responses within a block of questions during the time allotted for that section. However, after you exit a block of test questions, or after time expires for that block, you wont be allowed to review its questions or change your answers.
The five-hour PANCE exam includes 300 multiple-choice questions administered in five blocks of 60 questions with 60 minutes to complete each block. There is a total of 45 minutes allotted for breaks between blocks and you will be responsible for managing your break time. You will have 15 minutes to complete the PANCE tutorial.
The four-hour PANRE exam includes 240 multiple-choice questions administered in four blocks of 60 questions with 60 minutes to complete each block. There is a total of 45 minutes allotted for breaks between blocks and you will be responsible for managing your break time. You will have 15 minutes to complete the PANRE tutorial.
The Six-Years-Six-Attempts Rule
Individuals who have never been certified and who graduated from an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program will be eligible to take PANCE for up to six years after completing the requirements for graduation from that program.
During that six-year period, PANCE may be taken a total of six times. When either the six attempts or six years are exhausted, whichever occurs sooner, the individual loses eligibility to take PANCE. The only way to establish new eligibility is to complete an unabridged ARC-PA accredited physician assistant educational program again.