Listen to Podcast Episode 104: Ten PANCE, PANRE, and Rotation Review Questions
If you can't see the audio player, click here to listen to the full episode.
Join me today as we cover ten board review questions for your PANCE, PANRE, EOR, and EOC exams.
Links from today's episode:
- Sign up for the Entire Blueprint Email Series
- Follow Smarty PANCE and The Daily PANCE Blueprint on Instagram
- Follow Smarty PANCE and The Daily PANCE Blueprint on Facebook
- Join the Smarty PANCE Member's Community, then sign up for a study group to get updates about upcoming webinars.
I hope you enjoy this free audio component of the examination portion of this site. Smarty PANCE includes over 2,000 interactive board review questions, along with flashcards, ReelDx cases, integrated Picmonics, and lessons covering every blueprint topic available to all Smarty PANCE members.
- You can download and listen to past FREE episodes here, on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Amazon Music, and all podcasting apps
- You can listen to all the latest episodes, take interactive quizzes, and download more resources on each episode page.
Interactive exam to complement today's podcast
When is screening for gestational diabetes done?
A. 16 weeks
B. 22 weeks
C. 24 weeks
D. 32 weeks
E. 34 weeks
2. A 60-year-old male with a history of alcohol abuse and esophageal varices is brought to the ER with lethargy, delirium, weakness, and nausea. He is normotensive and afebrile. On physical exam, he is ill-appearing with jaundice, spider angiomas, a distended abdomen, and 3+ pretibial pitting edema. Based on his history and clinical presentation, which of the following electrolyte abnormalities would you expect to see in this patient?
3. A 12-year-old male patient presents with a circular, expanding rash located where a tick had bitten him. He had recently been camping in the upper Midwest. He also complains of a headache and mild fever. Which of the following is a known cardiac complication of the patient’s most likely diagnosis?
A. Supraventricular tachycardia
B. Atrioventricular block
C. Wandering atrial pacemaker
D. Sinus bradycardia
E. None of the above
4. Which of the following is not a manifestation of congenital rubella syndrome?
C. Heart defects
E. Fetal growth acceleration
5. Which of the following is the most common cause of cardiogenic shock?
A. Right ventricle failure
C. Myocardial infarction
D. Coronary vasospasms
E. Papillary muscle rupture
6. A 20-year-old female with asthma presents to the clinic with “white stuff” in her mouth for the past few days. On physical exam, you notice a few white plaques on the buccal mucosa and tongue. The lesions are easily scraped off with a tongue depressor. Which of the following is the best initial treatment of choice for the most likely diagnosis?
B. Amphotericin B
C. Lidocaine solution
7. A 51-year-old male presents to the clinic. His wife explains his symptoms: brief, involuntary movements of his limbs, depression, impaired thinking, and weight loss. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
A. Parkinson disease
B. Multiple sclerosis
C. Alzheimer disease
D. Vascular dementia
E. Huntington's disease
8. A 42-year-old male with a history of diabetes presents the ER with a “bad rash” on his left thigh. He said he had previously gotten a bug bite there. He is febrile (102.2F), tachycardic (110 bpm), and hypotensive (80/50 mmHg). On physical exam, you notice a 2-inch erythematous circular lesion that is warm to the touch. Which of the following is the best next step in the management of this patient?
A. Initiate IV antibiotics and fluids
B. Surgical consult for amputation
C. Outpatient dermatology referral
D. Order venous ultrasound of the leg
E. Send home on oral antibiotics
9. An 8-year-old male is brought into the clinic by his mother, who is concerned about his behavior in school and at home for the past 7 months. In both settings, he lacks the ability to pay attention, does not follow directions or listen, is easily distracted, is reluctant to do tasks, and constantly loses his homework and pencils. Which of the following is a common side effect of the first-line treatment for this condition?
A. Cognitive fog
B. Appetite suppression
10. Which of the following patients should be screened for lung cancer, according to the USPSTF?
A. 82-year-old with 34 pack-years who quit 2 years ago
B. 51-year-old with 31 pack-years who quit 10 years ago
C. 70-year-old with 14 pack-years who quit 5 years ago
D. 40-year-old with 20 pack-years who quit 2 weeks ago
This podcast is available on every device!
Download Interactive Content Blueprint Checklists for the PANCE, PANRE, EOR, and PANRE-LA
Follow this link to download your FREE copy of the PANCE/PANRE/EOR Content Blueprint Checklists.
Print it up and start crossing out the topics you understand, marking the ones you don't, and making notes of key terms you should remember. The PDF version is interactive and linked directly to the individual lessons on Smarty PANCE.
Smarty PANCE is not sponsored or endorsed by, or affiliated with, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants.